Sunday, August 31, 2008

NIASA 2008

It was 6:00 in the morning. Dhaval was already up. I thought I must also brush up. Dhaval practiced his presentation, I saw him making notes. I quickly had a bath and was already ready at 6:30. Finally I told Dhaval to rehearse his presentation once. He did. And he was pretty much in time. 13 minutes.

Then I asked for my turn. We were getting late. However, Dhaval allowed me to rehearse once. I was not in time…over 16 minutes. Deciding to cut down on my talking, we reached the venue.

Things started an hour late. In addition, we were said that we had 20 minutes to present instead of 15. We were happy. Dhaval got a little extra time to make notes. I already had mine typed out. I had already visited the toilet 2 times. Dhaval’s was the third name to be called and we were excited towards that. In the middle of his presentation, the lights went off…that is when we cautioned him to go slow with his speech.

I congratulated him. Things went on. There were interesting projects. Many of them could not finish theirs in time. It may be the 5th time I went to the refreshing room. My name had not been called yet…

After lunch, I had almost given up hopes. After the sixth presentation, I kept my notes inside my bag. But it was then I had actually become more attentive towards others’ presentation. And I was literally enjoying them. When the seventh presentation ended, the announcer called out…”Anuj – Cinema for the Blind”.

I was relieved. I visited the loo once again!

While the jury was still discussing the 8th project, I went to the loo for the last time. And then it was me. The presentation went glibly…I talked out my last line on the ring of the gong. 10 seconds extra…

I was almost impatient through the final presentation .

15 minute break and the winners were announced. Anuj ….Cinema for the blind. Gauri jumped out of joy. Dhaval congratulated me.

The venue and the date for the national jury have not been decided.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations yaaar...... Its so awesome that you won the NIASA competition!!!! I hope you show the results to our college profs who treated you so badly, its like a slap on the face for them!
Really proud of you man!!
Lemme know the venue and date for the national jury, i'll try my best to join you.

Anusha said...

Anujjjjjjjjjjj!!!

Congratulations man! I heard about your winning the nationals from Jauri!

I am elated! And sooooo very proud of you! Well done!

I have no clue how you proceeded with your project after I saw it in mid-stage, but I thought the subject was quite interesting by itself!

And I agree with Raseek about colg profs anolldat.. muhahahaha

Congrats again and you know what... thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I thought no one read it and was about to give up on it, until I saw your comments :)

And I see you've been very regular with your blogging! I like the first picture you've put up..

Anuj said...

thanks so much...
i had tried to post a comment long back but the blogger did not accept it or something....
but i love the urgency you create in your blig...as if you are narrating it to readers personally...i never fail to read it...keep writing in!