Saturday, March 28, 2009

Questioning Mind

There are so many things to record…but whenever I sit to write, it feels like a burden to type a long blog.
Well, let me try…
The 361 degrees design conference was great…it was a good intense design session after all. And I got an opportunity to work with rahul gore again. Also, it was a great experience to interact with great world famous architects first hand – including Maki. It was at the conference that I realized the influence of being in the media. People actually love to be in touch with media. That is when they want to maintain a contact with you. I experienced this at the conference.

But it was also nice to see, meet new people and interact. What I constantly wondered is that which side is better – the organizer’s or the speaker’s? Who is more valuable – the sponsor or the guest? Needless to say that one would want to be on the better side – the more valuable one.

At the Maki Exbt setup, I confronted the Japanese meticulousness for the first time…how extremely prepared they were. The level of organization was supreme. And that is when I realized where the organization in Rahul’s office comes from. Rahul and Sonal both encouraged me at the exhibition and it was nice to have Armeet as a constant friend and supporter. It was nice to be in opolis company again.

The event ended with a party at the Royal Palms – and we danced with some of the biggest architects in the world. It was so exciting to see all people – old and new to enthusiastically dance on the floor. Wow!

The next day wasn’t a holiday..we were called at the office late..and left early – and the most important thing that we did at that day was cutting the cake for a successful event.

Conference may be over, but for me, the real event starts now…I have to quickly decide what I want to do- should I stay back in this office or should I join back an architect or start teaching or enroll for a fellowship – I am so confused. And the worst part is people can sense this confusion on my face…some say it is better to be confused, some say be easy…

I an feeling unstable…why..why……………………….why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it bad to ask questions? Small questions…? That’s what people tell me these days…and convince me not to question. How do I stop that (well that’s again a question!)

So I don’t ask questions to others – I ask them to myself – and keep searching for answers – lost in my own thoughts…

No comments: