Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Eternal Debate

I said, "I am not interested in doing commercial work."
He said, "Do you think any thing is non commercial in this world? So then what do you want to do?"
I replied, "I want to do ethical work."
"It's just a matter of perspective. You have to first earn enough to be listened. You can't live only with imaginations. You have to be practical"

I said nothing

And pondered over this eternal debate of the two words.

Commercial: kuh-mur-shuhl
–adjective
1. prepared, done, or acting with sole or chief emphasis on salability, profit, or success: a commercial product.
2. able to yield or make a profit
3. suitable or fit for a wide, popular market

Ethical: eth-i-kuhl
–adjective
1. pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality; pertaining to right and wrong in conduct.
2. being in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice, esp. the standards of a profession.


And I thought

Can there be a situation where one is paid for one's imaginations?

After all, it is something which can be ethically commercial or commercially ethical!

No comments: