Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hair Dressing Dilemma

It was long ago that my father stopped waking us (me and my brother) up in the early morning. The discipline of getting up in the morning by 7:30 perhaps could not be rationalized with our age. Perhaps he understood that he is forcing it upon us. And therefore, now he allows us to sleep for long morning hours.

Earlier, my father would also get impatient if our hair was not combed immediately after bath. However, we realized that the hair should be allowed to dry a bit, such that the hair oil and water do not react to attract more dust. So now, sometimes, when we are at home, combing hair become an afternoon activity! Perhaps this is deteriorating the quality of setting of my hair.

I realized today that my hair wasn’t setting properly. I recently had a hair cut. My cousin had already commented on the hair cut classifying it as ‘improper’. Initially I tried applying water, more water and even oil…but the hair would not set! so I decided to go to the hair dresser and complain. And I did. I complained with confidence. Ofcourse he got agitated, and gave me a free trimming again!

But I realized today the dynamics of hair dressing. I always believed that our hair in the top of the head must not fall on the forehead! But the salon educated me that this frontal hair will always fall on the forehead, that too if very short! I then wondered that what he said should be right – the head is hemispherical in shape and each hair on the head is acted upon by gravity in a different manner! So that makes the hair dresser’s job so complex – for a person like me who demands that no hair on my head should stand out like the tail of a hen!

I know I have made the explanation very scientific, but it is so. Atleast I understood how the job of the hair cutter becomes complex (though I always believed that it was, today I understood the nature of his complexity!).
Having said the above, I am planning to change my hair dresser from the coming turn…this one always leaves me disappointed!

No comments: