Sunday, March 27, 2011

Passing thoughts

One of the reasons why I keep earphones plugged onto my ears all the time is that there are so many thoughts that come into my head all the time that one day they would drive me crazy. As i look around myself, I feel like I could document the whole world in my own way, in the way I observe. But it's impossible. Because thoughts come and go at electrifying speed. When I listen to the music through my earphones, I am only thinking of the song, and these days, I keep analysing all songs as I listen the tunes I've loaded into my phone - for the n-th time. I keep noticing the fine tunings, the overlaps of instruments, the nuances of singers, the beats, the composers...and its interesting how I have been able to comprehend my sensibility of understanding music.

The other thing that I feel wierd about is that my friends keep reminding me about my other friends' birthdays! That's really sweet of them! I mean how considerate can friends be? I think I am quite lucky to be between such people who understand that I just can not remember dates. I was terrible at historical dates! I still am, although I love the subject now!

Shadows in summers are beautiful. I think it's very recently that many of the people around have painted their walls in bright colours. So you can see crisp metals giving amazing sciography that one would like to draw on graphics plates! Sometimes, when they overlap over each other, or sometimes when flat lines make 3-dimensional shadows on folding planes, one wonders what wonderful spaces can be created using only light and shade...

On the other hand, summers are also for mounds of watermelons, parrots on cables, copper pods on black taxis, bottles of sherbets....all of which is also colourful!

These are also the times when I am preparing to separate myself from my first closest association with students - my second year batch. And I am feeling terribly uneasy to be able to dis-associate with them! I never thought that it would be such a hard feeling of loss. But one day, even I would go...and I don't know how important I am in their course of lives anyway - I was just a coordinator at the end of the day.

Hmm, just moving on now. Far too many things that hold back, and far too many things to look forward to...

2 comments:

jun said...

"No, actually what I want to bring out is that while cities like say New york or London are all almost done, Mumbai is just midway."

was not aware of this -citation needed!!!

do you think its possible that we think bbay seems complicated because we live here, and other places look "less complicated" because we are disengaged with it?

Anuj Daga said...

well are you referring to something specific in the post? or was it supposed to commented on another post?