Saturday, April 14, 2012

Final Juries



















































In final juries, all look good - the students, their work and the premises of the college! At the end - people are able to put their work together in a perspective. One sees different kind of students - those who keep peeping into other people's juries, those who keep preparing on their own presentation, those who help others until their turn arrives and those who are till the last minute, completing their own work. I was definitely amongst the last kinds.

The more I think of the past, I feel how futile it is to keep finishing one's incomplete work. Instead, one must strategize how to cover up the undone or incomplete work. It's the talking that takes much care at the last minute. In thinking the talk, one also clarifies why one was not able to finish certain aspect of a work. One is able to consciously look at latent priorities and decisions that just happened in the process. Juries must be confession spaces, which makes one confident of one's own process.

I used to love giving juries since it allowed me present my ideas to an external body of experts and receive absolutely unbiased critique on my projects. I would wait to have fresh perspectives and criticism on my work, to be able to take my ideas further. 

No comments: