Monday, June 04, 2012

Response from the Chief Manager, BEST on my complaint


I was surprised to have a response from the Chief Manager of BEST today in my mail box. This in in reference to my earlier post on Complaint to BEST Buses:

-----
Sir,

This refers to your mail to us. In this connection we have to state as follows
Sr no 1:- The conventional seats are replaced with new design plastic moulded seats considering the new technology concept and the viability factor. The broken / torn seats are being repaired by our bus contractor.
Sr no 2 and 3:- Those seats which are having loosened / broken head rest are in the process of being replaced with metallic head rest which are more safe and comfortable from commuters safety point of view.
Sr no 4:- Your suggestion is noted.
Sr. no 5:- The LED indicators are introduced as an innovative concept. Arrangement for defective LED indicators is being done.
Sr. no 6:- You may send report on the irregularities committed by the bus conductor / driver  with details such as date, route no, bus no, time , direction, copy of ticket etc so as to enable us to take suitable action against the erring staff.

Yours Faithfully
Chief Manager (Tr)

3 comments:

AKHIL said...

I am surprised that they actually replied. What do you think of this response? Is it satisfactory? Moreover, it would be more interesting if you uploaded the scanned image of the letter rather than retyped the whole letter...
I salute your initiative to write a letter to them citing your grievances..

Anuj Daga said...

I had written an e mail to the Manager, hence I do not have any hard copy of the letter. I received the reply also as an e mail, which i therefore copy pasted.

No salutes. I just did what I believed in.
The response is not satisfactory, and I have debates, but I appreciate that there has been an effort to reply. Like you, even i am surprised since i thought the letter would be passed as unseen. This indicates that BEST is serious and takes our criticism positively.

Hoping to raise more design issues in public realm in near future.

AKHIL said...

This only reflects on the Manager and not on the organization as a whole. I didn't know that you had emailed and not sent a hard copy. It is even more astonishing that they replied to an email....