Friday, June 14, 2013

Lessons in USA

Although I have not finished one complete year in the US, it feels like a circle, two semesters almost makes up for one year! This must be the period for reflection, sitting back and watching what happened, how it happened, and what it did to me!

I am already feeling hard to articulate. Today was the first day in my life in the US when I offered someone to come for a coffee. It has taken me a year to get over the value of a dollar and the potential of a coffee. Maybe I must make this as  a lesson chart. Here are a few of them

Lessons Learnt:

A dollar expensive only as long as you compare it to rupee in the US.

Coffee is the key to conversation. Casual conversations happen over coffees.

Formality is formality.

Golden words don't cost anything!

Personal space is reverential.

Having a car is hardly a luxury.

You grow up when you are 18 (even 16).

Keep things to yourself.

Keep up a good face.

Recommendations matter.


No comments: