Sunday, December 25, 2016

Life-Review

Over the last few months, I have been extremely busy with SEA, a curatorial project I was working on with Riyas Komu, the Kochi Biennale and some writing. In between all of that, several other things were going on. One, for example was our study trip to Kerala, which I would have loved to write about. We visited the buildings of Laurie Baker, and later spent four days documenting Kochi. Additionally, after coming back, we had to get on to assisting the students with preparing drawings and artworks for the Kochi. And immediately following that was the Architectural Design studio for the same class (second year). Running around all of this, my body gave up to dengue, which kept me bedridden for about 2 weeks, and weak for around four.

Once I regained my strength, I had to get back to a lot of pending work. All the above things, but more importantly, by this time, the curatorial project 'Young Subcontinent' had begun to take momentum, and it demanded attention as much as the Kochi student biennale submission. It was a challenging time - for a lot had to be accomplished simultaneously. Having gone through it, I feel relieved.

In the next few posts, I will try to elaborate upon several distinct episodes listed below:
1. The Kerala Trip
2. The Kochi Student Biennale
3. The Young Subcontinent Project

I am not sure if I will be able to write enough - for now much has become distant, and will take up a reflective tone, losing the immediacy of thought. Primarily, writing has now taken a different seat in the scheme of things I am doing, making this blog suffer. I have produced writings for several platforms other than the blog, that may not find their way here due to confidentiality and other such issues. However, as time comes, people will be able to read me over more places. For example, I have written a shortened piece for the IES magazine Le E'spirit, along with a review of Baiju Parthan's show at Art Musings - for Art India. At the same time, I was writing several concept notes for projects for the Young Subcontinent Projects. Another abstract for a conference on Film and Architecture that I wrote was selected for a university in Australia - something I couldnot attend due to funding issues.

The SEA newsletter 3 was released, which demanded some copyediting. Many other ideas were noted, now lying in various diaries. I designed a full fleged catalogue for the Kochi Student Biennale titled "What is a Home?" Besides all of this, the amount of communication letters that I have written over the last few months is indefatigable. I hope all of this will culminate into something much more worthwhile, that which will also keep the blog going.


No comments: