Wednesday, August 04, 2010

More technology

Right now, for the first time, I used Daemon softwares and torrent download. Sometimes technology is overwhelming. Perhaps everything is overwhelming until you put your hand into it. My brother keeps on scaring me that torrent downloads get viruses in the computer. Under this scare, I have not tried hundreds of thins on the net/computer. Perhaps, this time, its a pressing need. I need to download the sound editing software urgently to make an audio novel. Stupidly, my friend gave me another software, instead of Nuendo, which i only realized when i installed it using Daemon tools. Daemon tools creates a virtual drive through which we can extract data from 'images' of discs instead of discs themselves. Seems too technical. But i can not elaborate on this further, because i dont know how it works conceptually!

On the other hand, torrent is perhaps an ftp where peers share files. So you just share large files over the net.

All this reminds me of my Computer Science subject in the high school. I wonder how dumb I must have been (and still am) in the technology scene. I exploit my devices much less than today's generation. Am wondering if my experiments with all this will allow me to complete my presentation in time. In any case, i will have learnt two new things today!

No comments: