Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Passing thoughts

Since the past few days, i have been feeling extremely exhausted and bored to upload anything here. There are lots of thoughts that come and go, but articulating it into text is becoming difficult. Also perhaps because my theory classes have started becoming heavy and they have puzzled my a bit. There is a lot of abstruse stuff that people are thinking...I am wondering if i must indulge myself in all this hi fi gyan.

However, there are other new things that have opened up. Like this book of Kapila Vatsyayana. Prof. Punde says she is like Kishori Amonkar in classical music. Kapila's command on history, he said is excellent. I read some essays from that 1000 page huge book, and they seemed interesting. I hope to catch up on that book again from the library.

We discussed Kracauer and Heidegger in the past classes and nothing of it was absolutely clear. I need to re look at all of it. We need to also make a time line of some 20 people who we have discussed by far in our class. We also have to write an essay on "What is design process? " for Sen Kapadia's class and I just cant get myself to write anything. Although I started to write something on design.
Everytime I think of a new idea to theorize, I talk about it to some people and immediately that idea is rejected, or seems not to make any sense, However, I think thats a part of the learning process.

I feel like traveling extensively now and just write descreptive things about a place. But that never materializes. Anyway, i think i am just putting the random thoughts that are arriving in my mind, but this is the fastest that i have written my blog. 

No comments: