Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday Morning

It was difficult to get out from my warm cozy blanket today…however, after prolonging my sleep for an extra half hour, I finally decided to get ready for a cold winter morning. However, while I took a bus to reach the station, it was still dark. Was a bit lucky to get a fairly empty train…I stood at the gate to enjoy the cold breeze.

I put on my walkman and disconnected from the rhythmic sound of the train.

It was a beautiful morning…the sun had not risen and I could see the orangish tinge in the sky, lighting up the grey clouds. The silhouette of the city against the sky was breath taking. Somewhere in santacruz, a lady with a large vessel on her head pointed me to help her keep down the vessel in the train. Initially, I did not understand as I was engaged in my music, so I thought she wanted some space – I stepped aside. Later, she pointed out again with the finger…I then quickly helped her with the vessel…the vessel was very very heavy…the old woman’s effort was commendable. The train started with a jerk again. I was happy to see the lady pushing the vessel to place in the compartment, along with her partener, who was pretty young with some stuff on her head.

I continued with my music and the large view the gate offered me. It was now that the crescent of the moon appeared through the clouds. The clouds had a lovely orange lining by now. It reminded me of the morning when I similarly saw the candy orange sun through the door of the train, in full shape.

I got down at Dadar and got lost into the numerous men heading towards their work places. At Kabutar Khana, I saw the fluttering pigeons, but the buildings that framed the sky were still black and the sky was now completely orange, and overpowered the birds. Gushes of cool wind kept me cold, and I kept walking to the rhythm of my music…

The college was still dark, the library was shut, and the office too. I took a seat to warm myself, went on to read the notice board across me, and then was engaged with some talk with a senior. Madhavi came in by then and we went to the library, which was open by now, to have a short update over the past week. I met adarkar sir, and tried to explain him my dissertation. We discussed towards some positive anticipations…

Madhavi and I left for office then. She kept talking to me in the cab, but I could not pay attention. I was lost in mesmerizing the beautiful Monday morning…

No comments: