Saturday, May 07, 2011

Untitled

In support of my "technology" blogpost earlier, I want to present how librarians at Academy of Architecture handle or look at books. Here is a newly ordered-for book "Atlas of Novel Tectonics". A lovely black book with rounded corners. It has pages which are somewhat handmade type. 
Look at how carelessly the bar-code sticker has been stuck, hiding the name of the book. Inside, in the first page, the tape sticking the bar-code is folded, crooked and everything that goes contrary to the care that the book maker must have taken while making the book. The stamp and the handwriting that decorates the book add to the irritation I go through every time I take this book in my hand.
Our people personify the saying "Kaala Akshar Bhains Barabar" ( काला अक्षर भैंस बराबर). And this gets termed, quite simplistically as "Indian Culture". 

No comments: