Monday, October 03, 2011

Boredom

If there is any thing that I could write here, it should be about my absolute boredom with the current state of my life. I think I am done with this city and there is nothing more Mumbai has to offer to me! Although I haven't seen the entire city, every new place I go could be categorised into some kind of generalized experience. I went to Dharavi yesterday and I didnot feel any thing different, just before that, I had been to Ghatkopar and I felt like I would feel in all typical neighbourhoods. A few days ago, I had gone to Brinda Somaya's office - yeah , that was something that made me feel as if I entered a different area, the huge walls screening of the docks and the sea. That was interesting. But over all, the fort and the suburb has nothing new to offer.

The events in the city are mundane. The fast paced life is machinic. Not that I didnot try to unwind myself: I enjoyed at Namrata (Shah's) engagement over the weekend - we danced, jumped, ate...But why would I feel bored? I wonder!

I have written off to Sen Kapadia and Vandana: Both have been extremely helpful and cooperative. I have no interest to undertake those projects now. I could have ended up in great papers on their practices. There is a sudden lack of motivation to work on it now. Project offers come and go. Design ideas don't occur to me. Studios are dull. Teaching is exhausting...

?

But I am not even working enough, producing enough...sometimes I feel I should take a sabbatic - just go to some asylum. I am wondering if I can carry it on for the next year...!?

4 comments:

Manish Mishra said...

asylum is easy...rather go join a firm, which has too many projects...builder's job...

go where head architect is abusive...or everyone around sucks...go where you are doing great job, but boss is cutting cost...go where glass is being pasted to make everything easy...

go join a office with only one architect...go work in interior firm and go shopping of high end products with clients...enjoy daaru sessions and great talks on great people...

there are so many things so many doing...the lesser beings, its not easy being them when you are conscious...

you'll have to be beaten to know what it takes...its important, very important those mundane things...Still keeping your fire alive for another day...

Remember devil lies in detail...and to get to details you must go through hell first of mundane things...and realize the hidden beauty of every bit of construction...

I am sorry pretending as if I know...but I am learning it everyday, you gotta go through that thing to know yourself...you are not utilizing yourself...

Anuj Daga said...

I like your energy Manish. But I have tried all of what you say - infact more than that - and I could send you my resume to corroborate that. Perhaps, it's just that I am doing far too less things than I once did that I feel bored...

Manish Mishra said...

Anuj sorry if you felt I judged you...
but I mean, we gotta break ourselves down to pieces we are made of and reassemble..its the only way we can learn...what makes us happy...who we are?

Anuj Daga said...

Sure, that seems to be a good idea!
Dont worry about judging-wudging! I am cool with that! In fact I didn't even think of it!

Yeah, what you say might be really interesting to do :)