Friday, March 23, 2012

Stray Dogs

Many a times, when I watch at the stray dogs on the streets, I end up involuntary comparing their lives to mine. Most of the times, I feel they are better off, because they do not have to answer any one around them: They can sleep any where, any time, they can eat any thing any time, they can choose their partner any where, any time; in fact they can also choose if they want to exist or not any time. Stray dogs are important cases to consider since dogs have been a part of our domestic lives for a long time now. One can associate them with having domestic sociable characteristics.

I think the best aspect about such animals is that they are left to their own once they grow up by their parents. Parents do not bother them any more! I am not sure if they follow the taboo of incest.

I wonder how dogs are never able to make or designate for themselves a living space. They choose to remain stray. Kennels, are but built by humans for them. Why don’t dogs, particularly stray ones, build themselves anything? Can we thus conclude that they choose to be stray? I have seldom seen them being possessive over territory. They must be perhaps. I  have not really invested in their behavioural patterns. But I have literally seen them eat, drink, breathe, stay in anything and anywhere. They even choose to defecate anywhere. Can life get more simpler? Seems like a joke!

I wonder why all of a sudden I chose to write about this today, and yet not well written. I shall need time to make it structurally strong and coherent. But I believe I have been procrastinating the elaboration of a lot of ideas. This is absolutely dangerous and I had to break out of it. When I am in no frame of mind, I do produce incoherent work like this. This is the reason why I avoid working without the right mood. But then, there is an aspect of practice which one needs to inculcate. If I must do something in writing, I have to constantly hone my skills in this field by constantly practicing this activity. I must be rigorous with it and produce profusely - especially when I have ideas.
 








No comments: