Thursday, May 03, 2012

Camera Fun

These days I am just going berserk with the photo tools I have downloaded on my phone. The camera(s) gives me so many possibilities and great effects that it has become almost a compulsive habit to check how something that I see in real would look through a particular effect! Most of the times, the camera makes the scene automatically look interesting. As if photography happened automatically! The black and white, the sepia tones, the old effects - all are so engrossing. I keep taking pictures just for amusement of the self! Following are pictures in different sizes, borders, shapes, colours, effects and what not! I just told to myself - rather than running away from the plethora of choices available, lets indulge! It's giving me pleasure!

I have added a lot to my photo-archive. In the past two months, the amount of photos that I have clicked have almost doubled or tripled! I don't know if this is the new camera phenomenon or the need to document. I don't think it's the latter! These photographs seldom have any documentation value. The value they may be counted for is aesthetic. But I did not create the aesthetic! It's the software at work!!










































So with these effects, I started strategising. I speculate what effect would suit what kind of environment and try out various possibilities of the same frame. I haven't mastered it though! Thus I have multiple versions of the same photo! I keep them and study what goes wrong in each of them. Most of the times, it is the screw up of light. Light conditions are terrible. Sometimes, it feels to capture the frame as the eye sees it, but the camera does not see exactly like that! That is when one wonders to have a professional camera! Meanwhile, here are experiments from handy software cameras:


























No comments: