Monday, February 14, 2011

Raag based item songs...

Sitting back and pondering over music, it occurred to me that some of the most raunchy songs in Bollywood are based purely on Indian Classical Ragas. Here are some:

Dhak Dhak Karne Laga, Beta
Raag Shivranjani

Sunta Hai Mera Khuda, Pukar
Raag Bhairav

Tu cheez badi hai mast mast, Mohra
Raag Bhimpalaas

Hai Rama yeh Kya Hua, Rangeela
Raag Poorvi

Is Pyaar ko main kya naam doon, Mujhe kuch kehna Hai
Raag Shivranjani

will add more if i get more. I have detailed writings to write on music. dont know how to put it down. Anyways. lets see...

7 comments:

akshat megadave said...

Is Pyaar ko main kya naam doon, Mujhe kuch kehna Hai

Could you please prove it?

It seems to sound like Jaunpuri to me, but maybe Im incorrect.

Another source : http://creative.sulekha.com/a-list-of-hindi-film-songs-based-upon-classical-raagas_191237_blog

says its darbari.. which is closer to Jaunpuri. Kindly clarify my doubt,

Thanks,
Akshat

Anuj Daga said...

Hi Akshat,

you may be right.
I am not so sharp - these are just tidbits of things.

To me it matters more that the plays with some classical structures.

But I hold no claim to the raag here.
It may be Mishra for all we know!

akshat megadave said...

Well, yes, its certainly an orgy of scales.. but I was referring to the bandish (the main lines)..
You might enjoy lsitening to some of these:

1. Layi ja re badra - Dil pe mat le yaar - Hamsadhwani
2. More piya mose bolat nahi - Darbari
3. Jab Deep Jale aanaa - Yaman

Unknown said...

Hi sir, could please tell me on wich raags are song tumhi dil lagi bhool and son teran naam leni ki?

Unknown said...

Hi sir, could please tell me on wich raags are song tumhi dil lagi bhool and son teran naam leni ki?

Ravi sankar said...

sunta hai mera kuda is based on carnatic raaga Mayamalawagowla not bhairav...

Ravi sankar said...

sunta hai mera kuda based on carnatic raga Mayamalawagowla not bhairav