Friday, July 22, 2011

Of Unknown Imagic Realities II

The elephant was inside a house that had a glass facade. It almost occupied the entire volume of the simplistic house. Its head was tied using cables to its mezzanine. The elephant struggled to get out of the glassed cage. There was an equally big elephant outside on the other side of the glass. Was it a mirror image? Both the elephants struggled to hug each other. I wondered how they stood up on their hind legs. I had always heard that elephants cant jump - and here they were almost trying to hug each other.

At a distance, I was trying to light up a few matchsticks to make some light, since it was beginning to grow darker. While holding the lit up matches in one hand, I tried to remove my Samsung star from the other to capture the 'elephant struggle' in my camera phone. A little away, behind me, the keeper of the place came out of his administrative block to interrogate me. By then, I wasn't able to take position of my matchstick  with the camera. Seeing the keeper approach, I dropped down the burning sticks. He saw me dropping them and I began to apologize.

By the time he came to me, I again turned to the elephants. The trapped elephant was growing fierce and finally broke the glass facade. I was scared. He was still tied.

In the mean time, I saw another man coming closer to me. He was a policeman - although he seemed an American! He had seen me drop the match sticks too. I thought he would take me to jail, assuming I was a terrorist - I was playing with fire.

The alarm rang and then I got up.

3 comments:

Manish Mishra said...

you are mixing things...like architecture (glass), terrorists, obviously Americans...common security guard in Mumbai...

not sure of elephants, must be having a not so visible experience...

Anuj Daga said...

this was a dream, manish!
(unknown, imagic, real)

Anuj Daga said...

search for Of unknown Imagic realities I on this blog :)