Sunday, July 31, 2011

Of Unknown Imagic Realities III

Over the past 20 years, I had never entered my own building from its front entrance. I always took the back entrance which was a small alley directly leading to the backyard and then the road. Since I stayed on the 2nd floor, I never even bothered to take a lift to my house. Today while returning back to my building, I had some extra time at hand. For the first time in the last 20 years, I thought of confronting the building I lived in. I took a big turn around the building to enter it from the front. As I faced the front, I saw it was a huge building - almost like a mega structure. The entrance seemed like a large double height opening. It seemed as if this building housed 1000s of people. There were so many doors and lanes inside the building. I had to inquire at the reception about the lift (I thought I must use it once in my life, although i stay on the second  floor). They directed me to a large door.

I waited for the lift for a short while. The huge door opened and I saw a large - extremely large auditorium like chamber. It could almost house 300 people at a time. It waited for people to fill. I promptly walked in side this poly carbonate amphitheatre (imagine an essel world ride). I wondered if I had ever seen a lift like that - and how I was kept away from this although I stayed in the same building? Why didnt my parents ever bother to tell me that we live in such a megalomaniacal building? What was happening?

I took a seat. It felt like a time machine. There were many people around me - all unfamiliar. Although I wasn't scared, since I was confident about my place, it seemed weird. The lift finally closed and moved up like a roller coaster ride. Topsy turvy. All our bags were scrambled. After the lift stopped at my floor, (it seemed like a joy ride), I could not find my bag. Someone helped me finding it under a girl's skirt. I promptly took it and walked out.

I walked out of the lift to find lanes that lead to various kinds of places. Some of them overlooked to a large warehouse where it seemed like a factory. I again wondered how the factory was so well hidden from my house? Why didnt I ever notice these huge hollow spaces? How could I be so ignorant? I moved around and found singly loaded corridors. They had lines of doors which probably housed people. The corridor seemed never ending. I did not have any clue of how I must proceed to my house.

My father called out and then I woke up.

No comments: